Being a Junior Tax Manager means you have a great deal of responsibility. Many of our colleagues depend on your knowledge and skills to make the right decisions. Hence, you analyse, evaluate, and together with the Tax Manager, proactively advise our colleagues on various tax issues on a day-to-day basis. Complex questions are a challenge to you and you are always determined to get the right answers. As Junior Tax Manager you will be a member of the global Tax Department and report to the Dutch Tax Manager. You will work closely with the Dutch Tax Manager and the Finance Department on all tax affairs in the Netherlands.
The responsibilities of our Junior Tax Manager:
– Ensures execution of all tax reporting and tax obligations for all entities in the Netherlands, such as VAT return, foreign VAT recovery, Intrastat and other CBS reports, corporate income tax returns and transfer-pricing documentation.
– Ensures that actions and decisions are compliant with corporate and tax regulations for entities in the Netherlands.
– Becomes abreast with the latest developments in tax law and legislation.
– Builds and maintains relationships with external authorities and internal colleagues.
– Supports the Tax manager:
o By providing day-to-day tax advice to departments on strategic and operational decisions, like global mobility and sales contracts.
o With transfer-pricing issues, by monitoring and documenting business transactions as well as ensuring that these transactions and procedures comply with local tax regulations.
o With safeguarding tax processes, throughout all departments.
o By assisting with and documentation of tax audits.
– Close co-operation and communication with our international colleagues and tax department at our HQ.
– Occasional international travel to our HQ and domestic travel to our local offices .
– A job in an international organisation that contributes to a more sustainable world.
– The opportunity to work with a wide variety of taxes, making the job more diverse.
– A great deal of responsibility, with various international departments relying on your advice, knowledge and skills.
– A competitive salary and secondary conditions and a permanent employment contract.
– You have flexible working times and the possibility to work from home.
– The opportunity to broaden or deepen your tax knowledge through various training courses.
– Time for a holiday? No problem, we offer 40 days of leave per year.
– You feel comfortable in an autonomous work environment as you have to organise and manage your work independently.
– 3-5 years of working experience as a (in-house) Tax Employee in an international environment.
– Higher Vocational Education/Master degree in tax law or fiscal economics.
– Strong knowledge of the Dutch tax law.
– Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
– You are a go-getter with hands-on mentality. Regardless of the complexity of questions, you are determined to get the right answers.
– Setting priorities is daily business for you. You will receive questions from various stakeholders and you know how to manage them.
– SAP experience is a plus.